Rosedale Product Liability Attorneys
Located in Rosedale, servicing Queens and all of New York
As a consumer, you expect your products to work, and rightly so. Unfortunately, many products can contain design or manufacturing flaws. Every year, 34 million people are injured or killed by defective products. If you or someone you love has been injured by a dangerous or defective product, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Our product liability attorneys in Queens at Alex Yadgarov & Associates can help you work through the hardships you’re facing.
How Can Products Be Defective?
We provide the representation you need to prove that it was the product, not you, that played the role in your accident. There are many types of defective products being produced in the United States that can cause harm to consumers.
Some of these products include:
- Contaminated food and beverages
- Defective pharmaceutical products
- Harmful household chemicals and cosmetics
- Faulty machinery and tools
- Damaged automobile components
Most product liability cases fall into one of three categories:
- Defective design: These types of claims involve products that are inherently dangerous due to a flaw in their core design, such as a top-heavy SUV that is highly prone to rollover in the event of an accident. Design defect claims typically render an entire line of products dangerous, requiring companies to completely change the product to make them safe for consumers.
- Defective manufacturing: Manufacturing defect claims involve products that are safely designed but have become dangerous due to a mistake or error in the actual manufacturing or assembly process. An example of this would be a sturdily-designed chair that becomes dangerous because a worker uses the wrong size bolts when putting it together. Manufacturing defects can affect one item on a product line or an entire batch of products.
- Failure to warn: Some useful products inherently contain dangers that could not be eliminated without somehow rendering the product less effective. In these cases, companies have a legal obligation to disclose any potential risks that consumers would not otherwise discover on their own through ordinary use of the product in the form of warning labels or clear and concise safety instructions. Companies who fail to warn customers of these risks can face strict liability for any harm their products cause.
Whether you are injured by a testy seat belt, suffer from food poisoning, or worse, our Rosedale product liability lawyers can evaluate your case and provide a personalized strategy to win the compensation you’re owed. We accommodate our clients because we know you’ve suffered enough – it’s our job to help you recover.
Whether you speak English, Spanish, or Russian, Alex Yadgarov & Associates can help you with your product liability case. Call (718) 276-2800 to schedule your free consultation. We proudly serve Laurelton, Rochdale, and all of Queens, NY!
Q:Can a retailer be held liable for defective products?
A:Yes. In certain cases both the manufacturer and the retailer can be held accountable for the defective product. Retailers have a responsibility to provide consumers with safe products that will not cause them injury. If they fail to do their research on a product, or intentionally sell a defective product, they can be held liable for any injuries caused.
Q:Is there a statute of limitations for product liability claims?
A:Yes. The New York product liability statute of limitations requires plaintiffs to file their injury claim within 3 years of the date of the incident.
Q:I no longer have the defective product. Do I still have a case?
A:Most likely, yes. While preserving the product in the same condition it was in at the time of the injury is important, you are not barred from pursuing a claim if you do not have the item anymore.
Q:What types of damages can I recover?
A:If you were injured by a defective product, you may be able to recover compensation for a wide range of damages including medical bills, lost wages and other income, pain and suffering, and the cost to replace the product. You may also be able to secure compensation for wrongful death if a dangerous product caused the death of a loved one.
Q:Do I really need a lawyer to handle my product liability case?
A:Yes. Product liability cases can be confusing and involve highly complex case law. An attorney can help you understand your legal options, guard your rights, identify all responsible parties, and maximize your chances of securing a favorable outcome for your case.
If you’ve been injured by a defective product, you deserve to be compensated. In product liability lawsuit settlements, our Rosedale product liability lawyers can help clients receive compensation for damages, which include:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Medical costs
- Cost to repair any damaged property
Product liability lawsuits can be daunting, as clients typically go up against large and powerful companies. At Alex Yadgarov & Associates, we have the knowledge and skills that are needed to face these companies and product manufacturers. With us on your side, you won’t be alone.